Wow, I can't believe Memorial Day is upon us already. It seems like just yesterday it was Christmas! If you're new to The Pink Flour, you may not know yet that I love Oreos...especially chocolate dipped ones. So I thought up this fun (and EASY!) way to make them patriotic - perfect for Memorial Day or 4th of July.
This recipe doesn't require you to bake - all you need are Oreos, colored chocolate melts, a microwave and I used these star candy molds to make the white stars.
I love this as a treat to bring to a party because once the chocolate hardens, you can stack the cookies (putting wax paper between the layers) for easy transport. Then, just set them out when you get to your destination.
Chocolate Dipped Oreo America Flag
Yields: 30 cookies, only 24 needed for the flag
1 package (12 oz.) white chocolate candy melts
1 package (12 oz.) red chocolate candy melts
1 package (12 oz.) blue chocolate candy melts
1 package Oreos
1 star shaped candy mold
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or coffee mug for 30 second intervals stirring in between until fully melted. Dip 24 of the cookies half way in the chocolate and then place on wax-paper lined baking sheet. Put in refrigerator to harden.
- Spoon remaining white chocolate into candy mold. Tap mold on counter a few times so chocolate fills mold evenly. Place in refrigerator to harden.
- Melt red chocolate in same manner as the white chocolate in step 1. Dip the other half of the Oreo in the red chocolate and place back on the wax paper to harden.
- Melt blue chocolate in microwave safe bowl as described in step 1. Dip the remaining Oreos in the blue chocolate using a fork to make completely and then remove from chocolate. I suggest tapping the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate before placing on wax paper. Before the chocolate hardens, place chocolate stars made in step 2 on the blue Oreos.
- Place all cookies in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to fully harden. Remove and then arrange into a flag, using 6 blue star cookies and 18 red & white cookies. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow The Pink Flour on:
This project may be linked to the following:
(Monday) Skip to my Lou, Craft-O-Maniac, (Tuesday) Sugar Bee Crafts, Inside BruCrew Life, Chef In Training, (Wednesday) The 36th Avenue, White Lights on Wednesday, Somewhat Simple, Lil Luna, Back for Seconds. Whimsy Wednesday, Buns in my Oven, Mom on Time out (Thursday) Chocolate, Chocolate & more Chocolate, House of Hepworths, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Frugal Girls, Sweet Bella Roos, Michelle’s Tasty Creations, Just my Crazy Kitchen, (Friday) Keep Calm & Link Up, The Country Cook, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Tatertots & Jello,Whipperberry,Serenity Now, Thirty Handmade Days,Weekend Wonders, Real House Moms, Shaken Together, (Weekend) Positively Splendid, Tidy Mom, I Heart Nap Time, and Six Sister’s Stuff.